photo of the day

photo of the day
winter scene

Monday, February 18, 2019

That Wasn't Fun!

The past 2 weeks flew by, fueled by a huge work emergency that consumed me, and my whole team, for up to 17 hours a day for about 10 days!  It wasn't helped by the fact that our ancient furnace went out the same morning that the emergency started!

We can now add "new heater" to the list of improvements we've made to the house in the past 4 or 5 months.  New roof, new paint inside and out, new hardwood floors in the living room and hall, new carpet in 2 bedrooms....it seems like the work will never end!  We are also send our Oriental rugs out to be cleaned and repaired (if needed) 4 at a time and are getting ready to send the 3rd group out this week.

Minimal knitting and piecing has been happening.  I've done a bit of something every night, but some nights (see 17 hour days above) 1 row on a sock is all I can manage.

I've started the 2nd sock of this pair, and have about 3" of leg done:

And I'm starting to choose fabric layouts for Flutterby, using these fabrics plus some I had in stash:
Purple, lavender, and green; cat not included, but Johnnie loves to sit or sleep on my fabric when it's out and I'm working with it.

Here's hoping the next week is a little less exciting, and that Stitches West lives up to the previous 23 or 24 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment