photo of the day

photo of the day
winter scene

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Changes

That banner up there? That's been my backyard view, more or less, for the last 19 years.  There have been changes over time, of course, but I've always loved that view.

Ken and I got married in that far section, past the smoke tree, with 200 of our closest friends in attendance. I've had gardens back there, and played volleyball and badminton with friends at casual barbecues. We listened to San Francisco Giants baseball games in those Adirondack chairs under that mulberry tree.

All that will change soon.  The house goes on the market in a couple of weeks.  Once we have a buyer, we will travel to New Hampshire to find the house where we hope to spend the rest of our lives, having a new adventure in a totally new (for me, at least) part of the country.

It's sad, but it's exhilarating too. I never meant to stay in the Bay Area this long; originally the plan was to get my feet wet on big city life in San Francisco for up to 10 years, and then make the jump to New York!  The Bay Area was just so comfortable, and Ken had moved from New York and so we stayed. 

Stay tuned. I expect it may be a bit of a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment